Autodesk Inventor 2009 lacks support for Visual Studio 2008 in that it will not install a template for it. But luckily the VS2005 templates works fine in 2008 so you can just install them manually. Here is how:
- Make sure you have installed the Inventor SDK: %program files%/autodesk/inventor/sdk/DeveloperTools.msi
- Install the templates: %program files%/autodesk/inventor/sdk/Developer Tools/Tools/Wizards/InventorWizards.msi
- The templates are normally installed to%program files%/Autodesk/Inventor Wizards/ :
- Now just copy VCSInventorAddInTemplate.zip from the VS8.0_USRPRJTEMPL folder to your template folder :%my documents%/Visual Studio 2008/Templates/ProjectTemplates/Visual C#/
- For VB.NET copy VBInventorAddInTemplate.zip to the VB folder under ProjectTemplates
- If you’re using Visual Studio 2008 Express, then you should copy the .Zips in the VCSEXP8.0_USERPRJTEMPL or VBEXP8.0_USRPRJTEMPL in stead (although the full templates will work)
No start Visual Studio and select new project, under My Templates you should now have a “Autodesk Inventor AddIn” template.